Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tenth in a Series: Running Rules to Live By - Runners Do Not Shave Their Legs

Based loosely on a book by Mark Remy called The Runner's Rule Book as well as a Runner's World article from the January 2010 issue over the next week or so I will be posting a few running rules to live by.

I hope you enjoy the series.

Rule Nine: Runners Do Not Shave Their Legs



Now before we get into these supposed unspoken rule, I openly state I disagree. I shave my legs weekly. I love it. It feels great in the water, on the bike...and on the run. Period. And it really helps to have smooth skin when getting a massage as well.

But apparently, there is a segment of non-triathlete runners who are opposed. They feel there should only be certain exceptions to who can shave their legs, limiting to most North American women; runners about to undergo some sort of leg surgery; runners who are competitive swimmers, cyclists, or triathletes; and runners who don't care what anyone thinks because they just like the way the smooth legs feel, especially against cotton sheets, and anyway, what's the big hairy deal?

And I know I have the sexiest legs of any man in the 45-49 age group. Drop dead sexy. Cue 'I'm Too Sexy' by Right Said Fred.

No comments: