Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Second of a Series: Running Rules to Live By - Expand Your Sense of Fun

Based loosely on a book by Mark Remy called The Runner's Rule Book as well as a Runner's World article from the January 2010 issue over the next week or so I will be posting a few running rules to live by.

I hope you enjoy the series.



Rule Two: Expand Your Sense of Fun

As a runner, your definition of fun - which might once have included water parks, screwball comedies on DVD, and scrapbooking - must be, well, let's just say broadened and might include:

- Waking up at 5:30 AM to run 10-miles
- Running in blistering heat. Sweet, sweet heat.
- Running in the rain. I once remember running in a T-storm so severe (kind of snuck up on me) that the Well Kept Wife got into the car and came looking for me. I was having the time of my life after a lightening strike had to have hit no more than 100-yards away!
- Running in 400-meter circles
- Feeling as if your lungs are about to explode
- Paying good money for the privilege of turning your toenails black
- Any combination of the above.

You?

1 comment:

Adam Beston said...

Completing an 8 hour day hike in 2.5-3 hours.
Feeling like you are bounding along a trail the way a child would run along a trail.