Monday, February 2, 2009

Tweet, Tweet! The TTZ Now Twitters

James Lileks, a columnist for the Minneapolis Star Tribune, penned a very humorous story about Twitter recently. Per Lileks:

Twitter is an addictive message service that lets you find out what 2,026 strangers put in their coffee that morning.


So you know I had to find out if this was something I wanted to add to the TTZ blog. Since last weekend, I have been experimenting with it. You'll notice a Twitter widget on the right side navigation bar. Essentially, I can send in a short (140 characters or less) message via my laptop or my cell phone....whenever I want.

At first, I found it somewhat ridiculous but have decided to keep it for the time being. I'm planning to use it to just post my training plan for the day. That's mainly because I don't have a training plan until I:
  1. Wake up and smell the coffee
  2. See what the weather will be like
  3. Will I have a child-related chore to attend to?
  4. Is there something better on TV?


At any rate, if you have a Twitter badge....pass it along. Maybe we can all go nuts together.

No comments: