Friday, February 13, 2009

Orange is the Color of My Revolution

I was at Marathon Sports this afternoon to pick up my race packet for the Valentine's Day 5K at Lake Harriet in MPLS on Saturday.



Of course, I did some shopping. I had been looking for a lightweight training jacket for my runs now that spring is knock-knock-knocking on our door. What I found was perfect. I knew it from the moment I saw it



Introducing the Nike Clima-FIT Convertible Men's Running Jacket featuring weather-resistant technology. This baby has:

  • Clima-FIT fabric to help protect you from wind and rain
  • Full-zip with reflective strip
  • Mock-neck
  • Removable sleeves
  • Contrast panels at chest and sides
  • Zipped side pockets
  • VELCRO ® brand fastener at cuffs
  • Vented back
  • Interior drawcord at hem
  • Swoosh design trademark at left chest
  • Fabric: Clima-FIT 100% polyester


The removable sleeves feature is ultra-cool. The orange color was a bonus. I have been racing in orange since last year. And guess what? The orange color has been discontinued by Nike but they have other colors in case you are interested. If orange is more for you, Marathon Sports has some left.

Tomorrow I plan to post some live mobile blog updates from the race. The goal will be to just finish without causing any more harm to the right ham. I will be wearing this neoprene sleeve and hoping for the best. Just a smooth 'jog' around the lake with a few hundred (thousand?) other runners.

No comments: