Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dubuque Duathlon Photos

I received an email from the Dubuque Chamber of Commerce this week as follows:

Hello,


Thank you for being a part of the Dubuque Regional Sports Commission inaugural Duathlon. We hope to see you back next year on Saturday, July 16, 2011. To view photos from the race, please click here.


All the best!
So I scanned through and picked out some shots of myself and here they are. Bonus! And for those wanting more information on the event, read my race recap.

As I was warming up, I recall this person asking me to stop as she had to take a photo of my shoes.


Why, hello ladies! There were two waves with the men going first followed by the ladies. I was already returning in as the ladies left the line for the opening 1.2 mile run.


Leaving T1. As one of my readers had pointed out to me, nice of them to put the racks on black asphalt on a super hot day.


Heading out of T2. I leave the ventilator cap (by Hammer Nutrition) on for the runs as well. it really helps me stay cool and keep the sweat in my eyes to a minimum. You can order your own if you want to give it a try.


The big finish. Never did a finish line look so good before. That second run was hot-hot-hot and a real killer.
 
 
So there you have it to give you some idea of what the event looked like. Mark down Saturday, July 16, 2011 on your calendars if you want to try and tackle this one!

No comments: