Thursday, July 15, 2010

Race Preview: Dubuque Duathlon

Event: Dubuque Duathlon
Date: Saturday, July 17
Location: Dubuque, IA
Previous Results: Inaugural Event

This event is: Run 1.2 Miles, Bike 17 Miles, Run 3 Miles. There is no official web site and I actually had to mail in (as in snail mail) my entry! Other than the course map, I am totally blind as to the topography of the course and what may await me. So I toss in my time goals very tongue in cheek:

Run 1: 07:30 (6:15 per mile pace)
T1: 1:10
Bike: 45:19 (22.5 MPH)
T2: 1:00
Run 2: 20:00 (6:40 per mile pace)
Total: 01:15:00

There should be some good competition. The city lies at the junction of three states: Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin, a region locally known as the Tri-State Area. It is one of the few large cities in Iowa with hills so the event could turn just as challenging as the previous Iowa event did! Dubuque is supposedly a wonderful city to visit and I'm looking forward to my brief stay there.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

No comments: