Monday, January 18, 2010

Totals: Week Ending January 17

Highlight this past week was Stage 2 of the indoor series at Gear West. This stage was a time-trial up the Alpe D' Huez (2.5 miles). Only problem was cramp in my left calf that I am still feeling. I'll be lining up a massage later this week to work that out.

As expected, my hours dropped a bit as I was in the 3rd week of my 2 weeks build, 1 week rest cycle. I had some quicker workouts all around, including a 7:33 swim for 500-yards in the pool plus my No Minds swim workout which I have really come to like.

On the run I also got in some hills. I'm feeling stronger than at this point last year. Not necessarily faster, but somehow stronger. Lots more fuel in the reserve.

Next week, I hope to get in closer to ten hours again. We'll see. Work is, well, busy. And the Boy® has his annual Cub Scout Pinewood Derby event on Saturday. Sunday is his very first Swim Team meet at the University of Minnesota Aquacenter. He is doing the 200 free, 50 back, 50 breast, and 50 free. Then, the Vikes take on the Saints in the NFC Championship game. So, my week more be another low hours affair.

Here's hoping all your winter workouts ate progressing as planned. Let's keep each other motivated!

Total Workout Hours: 6:06.10
Swim Miles - 3.81
Bike Miles - 33.6
Run Miles - 10.4
Total Days Missed - Two

Previous Week (w/e Jan. 3)
Total Workout Hours: 9:05.15
Swim Miles - 3.07
Bike Miles - 74.08
Run Miles - 20.86
Total Days Missed - Two

January 2010 Numbers To-Date
Swim Miles - 8.3
Bike Miles - 152.69
Run Miles - 38.09

compare to last year

January 2009 Total Numbers
Swim Miles - 3.2
Bike Miles - 201
Run Miles - Unknown

No comments: