Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pre-Race Report

Just sipping coffee before heading to the first triathlon of the season for me. It is the Lakes To Pines event in Park Rapids, Minnesota population 3000 & growing. Very good pasta feed last night with many familiar faces.

I 'll be sipping on that coffee for a while! The temp is currently 32 which is down within the last hour. Feels like 19°F with a strong wind from the NNW at 21 mph, gusting to 29.

I think my plan will be just trunks for the pool swim and then a tri uni follwed by long sleeved UnderArmour top followed by a long sleeved bike jersey. Two pairs of socks and light gloves. That will have to do. I practiced that last night & I can don that in under 40 seconds.

I sure know how to pick 'em.....

1 comment:

bwheat said...

Like Igor in Young Frankenstein said "Could be worse, could be raining." Good Luck.