Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh, Fuuuuuuudge

Next event is my season opening triathlon in Park Rapids, Minnesota way up high in The Tundra. Want to know why I call Minnesota The Tundra? By the time my swim wave takes off Saturday morning (OK, indoor pool swim...we're not stupid) the outdoor conditions will be thus:



That's right, I'll leave the pool dripping wet only to head outside and be greeted by winds out of the NW at 21-22 MPH with the temp hovering around 39-degrees. Toss in a wind-chill of 29-degrees and my T1 time may be a just a tad bit longer since I'll have to throw on the winter Gortex just to survive.

It ought to be a blast.

5 comments:

Adam Beston said...

That is no good at all. I keep looking at Kansas and seeing their record low is not even what our high is here. Ah, I love racing in hot weather. Bundle up, I have ruined 4 races not bundling up enough so now I just don't race in the cold. Easier then curing a bad case of "I NEED A FAST TRANSITION" Chip timers got me all started on that disease. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What about Land Between The Lakes in Albert Lea on Sunday? That is NOT a pool swim! (agegrouper)

Mario said...

Nice Christmas Story reference. Very fitting considering the weather. GOOD LUCK!

bwheat said...

I think Mother Nature is trying to tell you something. Good Luck to you and "The Boy" tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Ouch! At least they aren't making you swim in a lake or anything.