Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oh, Fuuuuuuudge

Next event is my season opening triathlon in Park Rapids, Minnesota way up high in The Tundra. Want to know why I call Minnesota The Tundra? By the time my swim wave takes off Saturday morning (OK, indoor pool swim...we're not stupid) the outdoor conditions will be thus:



That's right, I'll leave the pool dripping wet only to head outside and be greeted by winds out of the NW at 21-22 MPH with the temp hovering around 39-degrees. Toss in a wind-chill of 29-degrees and my T1 time may be a just a tad bit longer since I'll have to throw on the winter Gortex just to survive.

It ought to be a blast.

5 comments:

Adam Beston said...

That is no good at all. I keep looking at Kansas and seeing their record low is not even what our high is here. Ah, I love racing in hot weather. Bundle up, I have ruined 4 races not bundling up enough so now I just don't race in the cold. Easier then curing a bad case of "I NEED A FAST TRANSITION" Chip timers got me all started on that disease. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

What about Land Between The Lakes in Albert Lea on Sunday? That is NOT a pool swim! (agegrouper)

Mario said...

Nice Christmas Story reference. Very fitting considering the weather. GOOD LUCK!

bwheat said...

I think Mother Nature is trying to tell you something. Good Luck to you and "The Boy" tomorrow.

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Ouch! At least they aren't making you swim in a lake or anything.