Monday, August 10, 2009

Sunday Recap


Sunday dawned..which was important because The Storm had moved through Saturday night. A couple of tornado's reported but no damage to our neighborhood. Some weren't so lucky. Incredible how just a few miles can make all the difference in a major storm.


In fact, Sunday evening I took the TT bike out to Long Lake, which sustained most of the storm damage. First, Gear West is still standing. There is a substantial amount of tree damage and debris laying around the city. Second, I set a new PR on this particular course averaging 22.4 MPH over 13.56 miles per the Garmin 405. You can see the results here.

I'm pretty thrilled about that as I did forty miles on the bike the day before and also had a 5-mile run the morning of. A very nice, solid week of training.

I am now in taper mode for the Detroit Lakes triathlon on Saturday (8/15). This will be my first time at this event. I should have a preview up later this week.

August Totals to Date
Work Out Hours - 10 hrs 45 mins
Bike Miles - 138.4
Swim Yards - 4,600
Run Miles - 11.45 (Achilles needed another break post the triathlon on 8/2)

No comments: