Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happy First Day of Spring!

No, I did not hit my head. I am just fine, thank-you-very-much. On my personal calendar, this is one of the most anticipated days of the year. That being the Winter Solstice which occurred yesterday (December 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM CT) marking the shortest day on sunlight in the northern hemisphere. That now means the days are getting longer. It won't be very long before I'll be biking outside well past 8 PM!


So in my mind, the term solstice is used in a wider sense, as the date (day) that such a passage happens. Even though I know the days will still be cold, the days are getting longer and a new racing season in the Tundra is drawing near. And that alone puts a spring (ahem) in my step.

So, be sure and wish everyone a very happy first day of spring today. With a wink and a nudge.

No comments: