Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2011 Events Update

This early in the season, a race calendar is a very fluid thing. Early season injury, weather playing havoc with your training, or Uncle Sam decides to take away half of your savings circa April 15. The reasons are many.

Gone from my race schedule:

 
Feb 20 - Texas Motor Speedway Duathlon; Ft. Worth, TX (USAT) - 2mi run, 15mi bike, 2mi run

I really wanted to do this, but my calf muscles are still sore from the Jan 23 race in Houston. And my Texas connection, Tim "Buckwheat" Carroll is not able to attend. And the race bike is in Tim's garage currently. Since I did this course in November, there is no need to rush back


Sep 4 - Hy-Vee Triathlon/5150 U.S. Championship; Des Moines, IA (USAT) - 1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run

I might still bring this one back. But it is $150 big ones. It is on a holiday weekend. And I cannot get any confirmation that my DeSoto Water Rover wetsuit will allowed.

Oct 8 (?) - Fargo Mini-Marathon (10K); Fargo, ND

Another one that may circle back. But no official date has been set yet.
Oct 23 - 5150 Galveston; Galveston, TX (USAT) - 1.5K swim, 40K bike, 10K run

Like Hy-Vee, it is $150 big ones. And like Hy-Vee I cannot get any confirmation that my DeSoto Water Rover wetsuit will allowed.

Nov 13 - Rock 'n Roll San Antonio Half-Marathon; San Antonio, TX

Could come back as I most likely will jump in a late season half marathon.

One Click Away from making official:

Apr 2 - Miles for Missing People 10k; London, England 10K run and 2 mile fun run

OK, not sure if this will happen or not. But we have been toying with what I think would be our 10th trip to London over spring break. If it happens, then we'll make this race happen.

Apr 30 - Iron Mountain Du; Arkadelphia, Arkansas (USAT) 2.5mi run, 13.5mi bike, 2.5mi run

May 1 - Iron Mountain Tri; Arkadelphia, Arkansas (USAT) - 400 yard swim, 13.5mi bike, 2.5mi run

These two events, the du is held Saturday afternoon and then we return Sunday morning for the tri, are all but certain. I loved my time at this venue last year winning the overall Master's title. I look forward to the challenge of winning the overall Grand Masters title this time around. I plan to sign up in early April once I know I am for sure to be injury free.

May 14 - Lakes to Pines Triathlon; Park Rapids, MN 500 yard swim, 14.7mi bike, 5K run

The Well Kept Wife© was hoping to make this her first triathlon, but she needs to attend a niece's graduation instead. I have done this event every year since its inception and I am sure I will return this year. I'll hold off until April to register. Only question is whether the Boy® races in the kids event or stays back for family obligation. Note - this is the only non USAT triathlon on my calendar for a reason.....it is a great event.

July 16(?) - Jamestown (North Dakota) YMCA Duathlon

I was born in Jamestown and spent the first 23-years of my life there. I would love to go back to race there. If this race gets USAT sanction approval (a little bare foot birdie told me they are considering), I am so there.

Sep 11 - Cy-Man Triathlon; Polk City, IA (USAT) - 500 yard swim, 14.3mi bike, 5K run

I did this last year and enjoyed it. Nice course. I'd like to try it again and hopefully the wind will be a lot less.

Sep 24 - Sanford Roger Maris 10K/2mile Fun Run; Fargo, ND

Gotta hit Fargo at least once this summer to see family. And we can run as a family with the 10K and 2 mile offerings.

Oct 2, 2011 -  Du the Bear Duathlon in Bear Creek Park near Katy, TX - 2 mile run, 10 mile bike, 2 mile run. On the same course as the Frost Yer Fanny event that I did on January 23.

Would be a nice way to end the multi-sport season. Would be a super fast course as this venue is pancake flat.

Locked and loaded:

Feb 6 (signed up) - Hamel 5K; Hamel, MN

May 28 (signed up) - Apple Duathlon; Sartell, MN (USAT) - 5k run, 33k bike, 5k run

Jun 5 (signed up) - Pigman Sprint Triathlon; Cedar Rapids, IA (USAT) - Swim .5K, Bike 25K, Run 5K

Jul 2 (signed up) - Minneman Triathlon; Oak Grove, MN (USAT) - 0.3 Mile Swim, 13mi bike, 3 mi run

Aug 13 (signed up) - Turtleman Duathlon; Shoreview,MN (USAT) - 3K run, 36K bike, 8K run

Aug 27 (signed up) - Maple Grove Sprint Triathlon; Maple Grove, MN (USAT) - 0.3mi swim, 14mi bike, 3mi run

No comments: