Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 head cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 head red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
2. Zest both limes and juice 1 lime. In a bowl, mix lime zest and juice, yogurt, sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; stir to combine.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.
Fat: 0.1g (sat 0.0)
Fish Tacos with Creamy Lime Guacamole and Cabbage Slaw
- 2 avocados—halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small head of cabbage, shredded (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 pounds thick red snapper fillets with skin, cut crosswise into ten 2-inch-wide strips
- Ten 7-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
1. Light a grill. In a medium bowl, mash the avocados, sour cream, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro and 3 tablespoons of the lime juice. Season the guacamole with salt and pepper and press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the guacamole.
2. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Note - or use the creamy line slaw from earlier recipe.
3. Brush the fish with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer the fish to a platter and pull off the skin.
4. To assemble each taco, spread a dollop of guacamole on a tortilla. Top with a piece of fish, a few tomato slices and a large spoonful of the cabbage slaw. Serve with the hot sauce and lime wedges.