Friday, June 18, 2010

Ooooh, Pretty Colors


In the highly anticipated release of the new Team Tri Rochester uniforms, I thought I'd cover the top three kits I would want to most wear in a triathlon if I had  some extra Ben Franklins just laying around. And please keep in mind, that this lone wolf cares not one iota what you think of my selections. I've always been a person who marches to the beat of a different drummer. A drummer strung out on some very good reefer added in for good measure.

Choice Number Three: The bright orange colors of Spanish team Euskaltel Euskadi. While orange has different symbolic meanings, individual reactions to the color orange can vary widely. Taking at a psychological level, for me the color appears to be an exciting, joyful and fun hue. There's no sadness or sorrow to it.



Choice Number Two: The neon green of Team Liquigas/Cannondale. A little flashy in the grand Italian fashion and super easy to spot. Loud and proud. Just the opposite of my race day personality, which is probably the underlying reason why I would not hesitate to wear a Liquigas skin suit.



Choice Number One: By far the best kit worn in the triathlon world today..male or female....is that of Australian Michellie Jones. Jones is certainly a true legend and is instantly recognizable in her colors. The mix of colors just works for me on so many levels. No, I would not ride a pink bike, but I would wear the male version of this kit.



So what about y'all? What team kit do you most covet if you had your druthers to sport some fine threads during your next event?

2 comments:

Adam Beston said...

Whatever it is is would have to have my name on the front and back. I need to find a place to so that with mine. Used sharpie before and it was awesome, every spectator knows your name and yells it.

Mario said...

Cool combo's of colors is one thing, but what about "bad a$$" looking:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bike/2272349959/