Saturday, August 10, 2013

Race Result: 2013 Stockyard Days 5K

Event: Stockyard Days 5K & 10K
Date: Saturday, August 10, 2013
Location: Long Lake Regional Park, New Brighton MN
Hotel: Home, sweet home
Weather: 64F, wind at 0 MPH
Official Results: Overall and Age Group 5K, Overall and Age Group 10K
Previous Results: First time at this event

Personal Results

Goal: Speed Workout
Official Result: 19:54 (6:25 per mile pace)
Overall: 3rd (67 total); 1st in 50-59 AG (5 total)

Garmin

Direct Garmin Link



The finishing kick was pleasing.

Summary

I hadn't raced since June 14th. Since then, my focus was and has been on Podium Boy. He was out at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs for a week long Modern Pentathlon Development camp and the Youth Nationals event, where he picked up a silver medal.

Podium Boy fencing against Olympian Margaux Isaksen
Podium Boy being, well, Podium Boy
This has meant that I've had to put my own training on hold. And to be honest, there will be no triathlons for me in 2013. Maybe one more duathlon. But all I've had time for is running. So, I will be run focused for the foreseeable future. My parental duties come first, and I need to keep opening doors for my son. We expect to be back out at the OTC this October.

This little 5K was good for me for one reason: That I went under 20 minutes. I need to work hard to get back into the low 18's, where I should be. So, it was a first step to getting back into true running form.

Next Race

August 17 - Wayzayta Cross Country Alumni race. A fun event where past alumni, and parents, race against the boys of the current cross country team. I was unable to participate last year due to injury. But I plan to show the young lad that his old man still has little bit of speed left in him!

On Deck

September 21 - Trees and Trails 5K

No comments: