Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Product Review: Leg Lube

I received this product as a Christmas stocking stuffer from the Well Kept Wife©.  How many guys get leg shaving gel from their significant others for Christmas?!? LEG LUBE is a “Performance Shave Gel” for us leg shavers. LEG LUBE was created by athletes, for athletes.

If you are like most of the leg shaving population you probably use shave cream, moisturizing soap, lotion, or like me, Trader Joes' Honey Mango Shave. What Leg Lube brings to the party is an ultra lubricating formula that reduces drag, nicks, in-grown hairs, razor burn, and the dreaded itchy, scaly, dry skin. It can be used for more than just legs. Use on your legs, face, arms, chest, head, bikini, and back. It has a very pleasant smell that will appeal to both men and women.

So what did I think after using the product recently?

At first use I was looking for the foam, or suds, you normally get with soap products. But once I used it a few times we found the lack of foam and suds no issue and now prefer it. After shaving, my legs were smooth. And most importantly in this winter dry humdity, I did not experience drying effects.

The motto of LEG LUBE is “one bead is all you need” and claims to be so slippery you can shave out of the shower. I haven’t tried it yet out of the shower, but I can see that one could easily use it sans water. The bottle is the same style used for some popular chain lubes, so they say it won’t leak and is TSA friendly. Ingredients include Glycerin, Aloe, Spearmint, Tea Tree, Rosemary, Peppermint and Eucalyptus oils. It’s Paraben free with no colors or dyes.

LEG LUBE comes in a 3.4 oz. (100mL) bottle and costs $8.95. It can be bought at the LEG LUBE website: http://www.leglube.com/ or at Gear West.

No comments: