Saturday, July 2, 2011

Totals: Month Ending June 2011

This is what I see every time I go to lace up for the next workout. I may not be the fastest guy around. But it is the approach I take to my racing. One should leave it all out there. It's better to fail knowing you gave your best than to not even try.


Not a bad June. Not a great one. I keep having nightmares about the pelvic stress fracture making a second appearance as I start to ramp up the run mileage. But so far, those thoughts have been kept deep inside my REM sleep and not during my waking hours. I am taking GREAT caution with my running. Only this past week have I finally exceed the five mile mark which was my longest run since February 20 when I did a 10K training run. Next week I may try to get in a 6 miler.

I'm still dealing with a bad right hammy or IT band or something not quite right in that leg which is opposite the stress fracture area. It has slowly gotten better these past five weeks. Hopefully I can kick that minor injury in July.

June 2011 Total Numbers

Total Workout Hours: 31:54:57
Swim Yards - 20200
Bike Miles - 313.84
Run Miles - 68.18 (7:58 per mile avg)
Days Missed to Weather, Injury or Planned Rest - 4
Compare to last year -

June 2010 Total Numbers

Total Workout Hours: 31:39:51
Swim Yards - 20176
Bike Miles - 317.79
Run Miles - 53.97 (7:56 per mile pace)
Days Missed to Weather, Injury or Planned Rest - 5

Compare to last month -

May 2011 Total Numbers

Total Workout Hours: 28:46:07
Swim Yards - 21700
Bike Miles - 351.32
Run Miles - 25.19 (7:42 per mile avg)
Days Missed to Weather, Injury or Planned Rest - 7

No comments: