Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Product Review: Mizuno Competition Apparel

I recently did some shopping at Running Warehouse. Not for shoes this time but for apparel. I had heard good things about the Mizuno Competition Apparel line. I was in need of a new running outfit for road racing and needed a lightweight singlet and lightweight racing short with a 1" to 1 1/2" inseam with split leg.

For the top, I chose the Mizuno Men's Aero Singlet (Model Number: 420878) as pictured below. It is super thin. When it arrived I knew I had a terrific upper. The back and side areas have large mesh so I know without wearing the product it will breath like a dream. The design of the back is very cool looking. Again, I have not yet worn it but I just know this will be terrific. It retails at MSRP: $45.00 RW Price: $36.95.



Front

Side

Rear

For the bottom I chose the Mizuno Men's Aero Split Short (Model Number: 420881). It has a laser cut design and sheen material, and a super-fly half-split. I prefer a full split but this will do just fine. The material is sort of like, well, the best way I can describe it is the same lightweight material that tents are made out of. I'll be curious as to how it breathes and how it carries once it is soaked mid-way through a half-marathon. But it is cut well and fits me well. It has some mesh holes in the rear split which can be seen in the photos below. The short retails at MSRP: $48.00 RW Price: $38.95.



Front

Side

Rear
Both products are true to size. Best of all Running Warehouse offers free 2-day shipping. Can't beat that.

1 comment:

mizuno said...

Lovely apparels! Mizuno's the best!