Thursday, September 2, 2010

Totals: Month Ending August 2010

And thus, another summer comes to a close. This will be followed by depression and then unpacking my SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) light. The amount of sunlight will decrease by 10-hours to 10-minutes. Maybe I have a few weeks yet in September to enjoy being outdoors.

August was a weird month. I never really got into a rhythm. The Real Job™ sucked up a lot of time. The Boy® got this weird adenovirus bug that he is still working through. The weather was downright tropical at times necessitating a reduction in the planned workout or elimination altogether. I'm actually surprised I got in as much training time as I did.

While it would be easy to point to the Maple Grove triathlon as the highlight of the month, I'll instead point to the Columbus (Nebraska) Duathlon. This was my sixth state that I have raced in this season. I have really enjoyed traveling to different areas this year. I may even race in a seventh state before it is all said and done for 2010.

I encourage everyone to leave the comfort of their nest, leave your comfort zone, and travel to a another state or region that you may not have ever visited before, let alone raced in. You meet new people.....great people...and experience new venues. It is something not to be missed!

To the tape.

August 2010 Total Numbers

Total Workout Hours: 32:43.40
Swim Miles - 10.5
Bike Miles - 287.85
Run Miles - 86.74 (7:47 per mile avg)

Compare to last year -

August 2009 Total Numbers
Swim Miles - 10.4
Bike Miles - 298.37
Run Miles - 37.44 (Achilles recovery)

Compare to last month -

July 2010 Total Numbers

Total Workout Hours: 46:19.11
Swim Miles - 13.63
Bike Miles - 454.68
Run Miles - 106.60 (7:51 per mile avg)

Upcoming in September -

Sep 12 - Cy-Man Triathlon (USAT), Polk City, IA - Swim 500 yards, Bike 15 Miles, Run 3.1 Miles
Sep 25 - Plymouth Firefighters 5K

No comments: