Saturday, June 15, 2013

Race Result: 2013 Manitou Days 5K

Event: Manitou Days 5K
Date: Friday, June 14, 2013
Location: White Bear Lake MN
Hotel: Home, sweet home
Weather: 79F, wind from south at 10 MPH, very humid
Official Results: Overall and Age Group
Previous Results: First time at this event

Personal Results

Goal: Speed Workout
Official Result: 18:44 (6:02 per mile pace)
Note: Course was short (2.89) miles. Actual result would have been 20:08 (6:29/mi)
Overall: 12th (157 total); 2nd in 50-59 AG (13 total)

Garmin

Direct Garmin Summary Link

Mile Splits

Elevation snapshot

Summary

Simply put, I suck right now. Same old story, between the Real Job sucking all my time like a Dyson vacuum cleaner and the training schedule for Podium Boy (actually can't wait until he can drive) I simply do not have the training time to really get back into shape. Boo-hoo, right?

And to add insult to injury, I was running in 4th place for most of the race and then actually took a wrong turn, had to double back, and by the time I joined the official route must have fallen back four or five spots. And the wind was taken out of my sails.

The race route was part of the parade route for White Bear's Manitou days. So there were hundreds and hundreds of people lining the route and it was very, very difficult to pick up any directions visually or verbally. I recall someone saying, "Left, sir. Go left, sir" and I just kept going straight. About a 1/2 block later I looked over my shoulder to see everyone had indeed gone left! So I had to double back and lost gobs of time. And places.

The course was a good 0.2 miles short, so while the times look incredibly fast one has to add about 1:20 onto each time to get a better read.

So, back to the drawing board. I've got to see if I can locate my running mojo, even if that means running at weird times and trying to get in more mileage. I'd like to get back to 'kick ass' level by fall.

Next Race

June 23 - Graniteman St. Cloud

On Deck

July 4 - Half On the 4th Half Marathon, Colorado Springs, CO. Very tentative.

No comments: